Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble! Gobble!

Most of the ads this week run Sunday through Wednesday/Thursday because Friday is Black Friday and that's whole 'nother can of worms.


Target has several games (Let's Go Fishin', Twister, The Ladybug Game, Operation, Hungry, Hungry Hippos (side note, that nutter Santa Claus got Hungry, Hungry Hippos for Baba last year. I had forgotten how much I hated that game - loud and small pieces - a deadly combination), Sorry, and Scrabble) half price. Target also has a Darth Vader TIE fighter for $20, but I can't figure out if its the one I want or not. GE Reveal lightbulbs are $2 for a 4 pack - look online and in last Sunday's coupons for $1 off coupons. Campbell's creme of Mushroom soup is an unbelievable .49 a can. Stock up!


Cub:

Birds eye vegetables or Steamfresh vegetables are .48/bag, limit 4. Stock up!

Milk is $1.78/gallon when you purchase a twin pack with coupon in ad

Blueberries/Raspberries/Blackberries are $1.98

Asparagus is $1.48/lb (don't think you like asparagus? Snap off tough ends, put in a tin foil bag, add olive oil, salt, pepper, and other spices, and top with cheese. Throw in the oven (350) or on the grill until tender)

Folgers Coffee is $3.98 for 22.6-34.5 oz ctr with coupon in ad

Walgreen's (prices good 11/22 through 11/28):
Colgate toothpaste/toothbrushes - .79 combine with coupons from Sunday paper to get for 4 cents or free, depending on your coupon stash
Oranges or Mushrooms 2/$1 w/coupon in ad
My Little Pony, Winnie the Pooh or Christmas coloring book/activity pads are 3/$1 limit 6 (good idea to help the kiddles pass the endless day that is Christmas Eve

Rainbow:
BEST TURKEY PRICE - .37/lb w/coupon in ad
Roundy's milk - $1.78/gallon, limit 2
Pepsi 12 pk cans or 6 pk 24 oz bottles 4/$8.88, limit 4
Yoplait yogurt is 10/$5
Freschetta Pizza are 2/$9 if you sign up for email offers on the Freschetta web site, you get a $1 coupon, there was a $1 off coupon in last week's Sunday paper - use both on Wednesday and get the 2 pizzas for $5 PLUS you get a $3 off your next order coupon at the register. Score!

I am off to Rainbow for a turkey (shhh! I might just go twice and get 2 - .37/lb is a great price), milk, pizza, and yogurt. I'm off to Cub for milk (my children are part calf), steamfresh veggies (will definitely be making more than one stop for that price) and the coffee. And Walgreen's for the toothpaste/brushes and the coloring pads. Although if Baba colors any more pictures for me, I'm going to be out of wall space....

I think that's all for now, but since I'm doing this from memory without the ads, I may have forgotten something. I'll let you know if I see anything worth fighting the crowds for on Black Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment