Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December

Anyone else have gifts to buy? That's what I thought. In December, I like to go as long as possible without buying groceries (except the basics, milk, eggs, bread, milk, more milk, and then probably some more milk because my children are little calves. Moo!). Not only can I use some grocery money to buy some nice gifts and I can also you the "extra" money to buy ingredients to make an extra special Christmas Eve dinner and/or Christmas cookies. Say you spend $50 a week on groceries, for every week you can stay out of the grocery store that's $50 in your pocket!

I'm going to post what we are eating for the next couple weeks on the google calendar. And my Christmas present to you: lots of new recipes (without peas, just for you, Ben)! I just added over 100 recipes to my collection and starting Dec 11, I'll share the wealth.

This week deals:

Target: Didn't really notice anything great at Target this week.

Toys R Us: Lego's are buy one get one half off. I like Lego's.

Cub: No Name Steaks, Chicken, Salmon, Tilapia, and Surf and Turf are $9.99 a box.
Nestle Toll House Morsels are $.98/bag Limit 2
Navel Oranges are $.77/lb
Tide is $9.99/100 oz Limit 1
Selected General Mills Cereals are $1.50/box, must buy 4. Use coupons from last week Sunday's paper to get them for a buck a box and you know the buying cereal rules....

Rainbow:
Rainbow is having their 10/$10 sale. I like things that are a dollar. The following items are a $1:
2 liter Pepsi products
Chicken of the Sea Tuna or Pink Salmon
Duncan Hines Cake Mixes
On Cor Redi Serve Chicken Nuggets
Roundy's Split Top White or Wheat Bread
Totino's Pizza Rolls (7.5 oz size)
Chef Boyardee Canned Pasta
Barilla Pasta
International Delight Flavored Coffee Creamer
5lb bag Russet Potatoes
Avacados
Lipton Knorr Side Dishes
Cool Whip
Whole White Mushrooms
Hunt's Snack Packs ("I thought I was your Snack Pack!?")
Ocean Eclipse Salmon, Tilapia, Pollock or Scallops (yum!)
Sobe, Life Water or 0 Calories
6 ct breadsticks
Green Giant Vegetables in Sauce
Roundy's Bologna
Hershey's Theater Boxes or King Size Candy Bars
Orbit Gum
Sparkle Paper Towels

I feel like retailers are trying to recover from last week's deals are are not rocking the deals as much this week. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment